Thursday, December 14, 2006

7 weeks update

Updates: Monday, December 11, 2006

7 weeks later, I'm still eating soft food and end up swallowing without proper chewing because the teeth are still sore and some actually hurt. I noticed that the canines on the left side touch now... really painful when they do.

Last Friday as I was fed up and on the verge of shouting out loud from my frustration, I went to the mirror looking for some positive sign of change, and sure enough, I noticed that some teeth have moved. First I didn't believe it so I came to the picture here and compared.. YES! THEY MOVED!! You can't imagine my joy. At last I can see a result for all this pain. For more reassurance, I took the mini brush that is supposed to clean between the teeth behind the wires. This little thingy this time passed in between teeth that used to be much tighter not allowing it to go through. YES YES YES!! All these little noticeable changes compensate for the pain and the new diet.

Speaking of diet, it has completely changed. Food has to be cut into small pieces; it has to be soft and shouldn't require too much effort chewing. Apples are replaced with applesauce masalan. Cookies have to be soaked in milk or juice so they become easier to eat. Nothing crunchy, no nuts, no nachos, no toasted pita bread :( I still attempt to eat a sandwich with no luck enjoying it and go back my soups :( I now understand how and why babies with new teeth use their whole mouth and involve their tongue a lot in the chewing process.. It's the only way to break the food into smaller particles when the teeth are inexistent or useless :)

W to be continued...

No comments: