Thursday, March 15, 2007

20 weeks Update

Updates: March 15, 2007

Yesterday was appointment #3 at the orthodontics office. The one before that, in January, was OK, and the pain was close to none afterwards. It was then that the wires went all the way from end to end now that the extra teeth were removed, and I got new colours at the lower braces, from pink and purple, I had orange and yellow and why the heck not, eh? :)

With time and since October 24, 2006, I got used to the new ways of cleaning teeth, eating and avoiding certain food, and even SSSpeaking and blowing candles! With time and the teeth shifting, my dracula teeth came out. Yes, apparently each of us is born with them, they just hide sometimes I guess when you're not looking, I don't know. Anyways mine are back, up straight and ready...

Yesterday's appointment was different that the previous one. The wire that goes along the teeth were changed, and for the first time I saw these individual wires go into my mouth. These things that are inserted at every tooth and turned around the pin on each pin of the front teeth. I had seen these on other people and was wondering whether I was too old for this or simply spared. The view was actually worse than when it was done on me. Apparently these little suckers are put to stabilize the teeth individually and prevent them from turning or shifting in an unwanted direction. With these, once each is tightened, I felt the tooth itself become tighter in the gum. A lot of work happened on the upper set. As for the lower, it was easier and faster and this time for colours, I had to stick to only one, because the donuts were replaced with a one-piece, so I chose "teal". Once all this is done, I was shown how and where to put the elastics that link the upper and lower teeth, and pull both sets to close off the gap. Everything added yesterday has the purpose of pulling the teeth together and aligning the jaws.



I can't tell you how much everything hurts, teeth, jaws, eyes, head... the whole package. Hopefully it won't be like this for a long time. From previous experience I know it will be all normal again in a couple of days. My only worry is the elastics. I guess I simply need to talk less, eat less and try not to yawn a lot LOL

4 comments:

Dareen said...

Wellllll...Your teeth are looking great :)

Bes, wow, allah ysa3dikk...I can only imagine the pressure and pain in your mouth :S I never had the elastic things!! But just from looking at it on other people and you, I can only imagine!

But, look on the bright side, ITS WORTH IT ;) All the pain will pay off!

plus, it will be a forced diet kaman :)

Krys said...

hehe tell me about the pain :P
Gues what, I had those same elastics two days ago and damn it hurts while sleeping lol :)
I guess am not gonna put braces to anyone from now on..et dire que je disais a mes patients enun 3am yetghanajo kan ils disaient ke ca fait mal hehe :))
Anyways, am removing the braces in two months.
Courage and keep us updated :D


p.s love the coloured elastics but didn't habe the nerve to put them, I chose the transparent ones :P

Coco said...

It's getting better now. The first Saturday after the Wednesday appointment I slept all day and took pain killers until the pain was killed. What hurts now is the jaw. Already my jaw is dislocated and I guess this time the movement was too much that I wake up in pain from moving my mouth. It doesn't crack as much anymore, but it is like it's stuck or something, badda tezyit hahahahah

Bref, c'est la vie! Il faut souffrir pour être belle, mesh heyk? All for a beautiful smile.

I opted for colours on the lower teeth from day one, and change them every appoitnment, it's fun this way. The appointment before next October I should get clear colour so I can look half decent in my brother's wedding pictures. I have time :)

Thank you Dareen, it is the end result that makes the pain all worth it akid. I will have THE smile hahahahahah

Krys mabrouk! 2 more months, this is amazing. Ana ba3ed 3endeh 2 years and 2 months :) bass kamen ça va passer. How come elastics at the end of the process?

Krys said...

Actually because mu tretament is only for 6 months to close to gaps between the canines so menchen hek elastics at the end to stabilize the two jaws.

But it's not necessary to have them at the end or in the middle caus eit depends on what result you are trying t get with it.
I have triangle one and u have lateral one from the upper canine to the lower molar that's very different caus eobvisouly yours are for tracking the two canines to the back in order to aligh them and get some spaces (that's just what it seems on the pic) :P